Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Ow.

I was going to post a post today that consisted entirely of "Ow ow ow. Ow. Ow, ow ow ow ow ow. Ow ow ow. Ow. " But I thought the point would be made after only a few ows.

Today is Valentine's Day, which, if the past two years are any indication, has become a day of pain for me (two years ago - lack of sleep plus incessant baby-crying; last year - baby surgery plus baby unwillingness to go to sleep at night).

But also today, amazingly is the first day in almost THREE YEARS (counting back from March 2003) that my body has been entirely mine. And I don't want it. Hahahahahaha. No, I mean I'm just foggy from a cold, acutely sore from an infection of some sort, and generally just wanting to tuck myself into a very large bed. But Luke did not nurse this morning, which was the source of just a minor protest, and which was more or less resolved by giving him the rest of the chocolate "money milk" cake. So here I am - just me. I threw all caution to the wind and drank a glass of wine - yippeeee! I think Luke might be moderately OK with it because he didn't even mention it tonight. Now I just have to go through some other agonies for a week or so to get through it...and then it'll all be a breeze, right?

On a cheery romantic note: Today I was finally able to give Dave the culmination of my weeks-long project, our wedding album (we had the negatives and the proofs but we had never put it together as an official album). As we were paging through it, we came to the picture where we're up at the altar and Dave is wiping a tear from his face. We asked Luke, "What is Daddy doing?" and Luke took one glance at it and said, "Picking his nose!"

No comments: