Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Ocean creatures

I think I've mentioned before that Luke is fish-obsessed. Evidence includes:

1) He will only eat if the food he is eating is described as some sort of seafood; i.e. spaghetti is jellyfish, tamales and sausages are lobster, rolls are clams, red peppers are redfish, etc.

2) He got a birthday card that folds out into a long chain with pictures of all different kinds of fish, and he keeps the card next to his guitar at all times. He uses it as "sheet music" to help him think up new lyrics to his ever-evolving composition, "Robot Ocean Clouds."

3) His favorite question is, "What kind of fish are we going to eat in Seattle?" Preferred answer: Salmon, king crab, Venus clams, lobster, monkfish, sculpin. Recurring follow-up question: "What do you think the fish might say?" Preferred answer: Please put me back in the ocean!

4) I asked him what they served at snack yesterday in school and he said, "Watermelon...and salt cod."



On an unrelated note, here's a pic not of ocean creatures, but of real-live air-breathing members of the family. Looks like Zach and I are the least cooperative of the bunch...

No comments: