





Still basking in a post-Seattle glow out here ... Yes, it was tiring. Yes, it was chaotic. But even still, I can't wait for next year. (If pressed, I might even admit to having bookmarked several potential Bethany Beach homes already. )
Being so far away from everyone, this vacation has become a really important time for me. It's also increasingly an important time for Luke, and surely, Zach as well. Seeing Antonia, with her beautiful art projects, Sam, with his amazing speed and fearlessness, Helena, with her sweet helpfulness, and Lily, with her startlingly articulate conversation has made us all wish, as Luke did, to have his "brothers and sisters" with him all the time. And don't even get me started on how much I miss the grownups.
Oh, and hey - this vacation is the whole reason I started blogging two years ago (as a way of recording our trip to Cape May).
So I'm just going to enjoy it for what it is for now, until soccer practices, or summer theater, or swim teams, or whatever else get in the way. Then the kids can fly on their own to visit their cousins (like the two skateboard-toting preteens behind us on the plane, who displayed an endearing combination of confident swagger and vulnerable "I-love-you-Mom" on the cell phone.)
Will they ever be that big? Could they be halfway there already?
Here are some more pictures to hold everyone until we finally get The Disc from our faithful photographer.
Thanks, Mom and Dad, for making it happen!
No comments:
Post a Comment