
Dave took Zach and Luke for haircuts on Monday with Haircutter to the (Child) Stars Linda. "But Zach doesn't really have any hair," you might say. True, but HttCS Linda agreed with us that the top/middle and sides needed a trim to make everything even. He was fine, and they gave him the whole "baby's first haircut" package, and he looks cute and even a little collegiate.
As it happens, Zach is 9 months old today, and his time on earth thus far seems to be wearing on him. After countless colds and countless sleepless nights, he was diagnosed with a double ear infection today and given a new round of antibiotics (round three, for whomever is keeping score at home). The big question of the night is, how long will he sleep, on this particular night when Dave is not home? The first time I put him down it was just 45 minutes. That is a sign of a long night ahead.
Luke, who is also freshly shorn, is actually doing pretty well in the sleep department (knock on wood, please). Last night after he had been tucked in I came out of the bathroom to find him curled up outside the door of our room. "There are monsters in my room," he said.
I tried to think quickly of a tool I could give him. As it happened, he was sitting right outside the linen closet.
"You know," I told him, "Monsters are really afraid of rags. That's why when you say 'Rags!' they run away. Why don't I give you this washrag to use against the monsters?"
"Can I bring it to bed with me?"
"Of course!"
"OK, I think that's a really good idea."
So he snuggled up with the washrag, satisfied, and I didn't hear from him again until morning. Tonight the rag is back in bed with him. Let's hope it works its magic.
1 comment:
Little Red x Instead of a Picture 1.0
Post a Comment