What is WITH me and these matching outfits? It's like I've lost my mind...forsaken all principles that I had held so dearly for my first 38 years. But these shirts were a gift. And you know, they're kinda cute. And send the right message. So let's just enjoy it for what it is right now. I won't keep doing it into their teens.
Let's start with the headline: Zach is walking. Yesterday at Dave's office he took three, four, even five steps right into Dave's arms. Zach seemed pretty pleased with himself and Luke was absolutely going out of his skin with excitement. I now realize that it took so long for Zach to walk because he wanted to be able to walk while carrying a ball or something heavy. So there's no experimental tottering for him - he's moving straight to the big tasks.
Slice of life from the hair salon where Luke got his hair cut yesterday:
Luke to hairdresser Linda: "Do you drive a Nissan?"
Linda (gasps): "Yes...how did you know?"
Luke points to the keys on her beltloop and apparently one car key has a tiny Nissan logo on it. Linda starts laughing and laughing. Sandra, the hairdresser next to her, pulls out her keychain.
Sandra: "What kind of car do I drive?"
Luke: "Mercedes!"
More laughter. Sandra and Linda call over to the hairdresser next to them to pull out her keys.
Teresa: "OK, what kind of car do I have?"
I am thinking, Luke is never going to get this one.
Luke: "Infiniti!"
By this time everyone in the salon is gasping and murmuring. I think we're going to have to take this show on the road.
Last night, to welcome the beginning of summer, we made pizza on the grill outside (Swiss chard and pepperoni, of course). Luke had his chef's apron on and was in an absolute frenzy taking orders and preparing the pizza toppings. The pizza was beautiful, all four of us were home for dinner together, Zach was cracking himself up over something, and there was a nice cool breeze on the back patio. Today we got soaked and covered in sand at the beach. In other words, it's a perfect weekend so far. Let the summer begin.
No comments:
Post a Comment