Saturday, February 07, 2009

Word explosion

I asked Luke to help me write my shopping list today; it turned out to be a big boon for both of us. All I had to do was call out the spellings of a few food items and he diligently kept himself busy while I got a bunch of other things done. He's just a great kid, and he's even happier when he has a job to do.

So I mentioned that Zach has had a speech explosion; I guess I should have more accurately described it as a speech EXPLOSION. Here is a kid who just three weeks ago was basically only saying "buh" for everything. Now here's a sampling of what he's said (very clearly) in the past 24 hours:

"More hot dog....Please?"
"All done yogurt!"
"Open book!"
"Thank you, brother!" (when Luke pulled his balloon down from the ceiling)
"Turn off light!"
"Good night!"
Tonight when Zach and I were reading he pointed to a picture of a lemon and (just plain out of the blue) said, "Lemon!" LEMON!?!?! Did he really say lemon? I mean it's not like a food he eats all the time, and it's not exactly a word I've been trying to teach him. He just seemed to pull it out of thin air. He must have a lot of good stuff stored up in that head of his. We can't wait to see what comes out next.

No comments: