Saturday, April 18, 2009

Oh, what a beautiful morrrrr-ning...

Last night we hosted Shabbat at our house and by the time everyone left and we got stuff cleaned up, I was feeling a little green. Today I'm sick, Luke is sick, and Zach is sick. Here's a little snapshot of how our night went:

3 am: I wake up throwing up. Stomach flu, ugh.

4 am: Luke walks into our room for no apparent reason (explanation given: "My legs don't work.") Dave walks him back.

4:55 am: Zach wakes up, burning up with fever. Dave and I can't convince him to go back to sleep, so I drag myself out of bed to give him a cool bath.

5:45 am: The bath is over and he's raring to start the day. I take him downstairs to watch a video and we see the sun rise.

6:10 am: Luke comes downstairs, teary-eyed and burning up with fever, and carrying a bucket. A bucket?!?! "Daddy told me to bring it in case I needed to throw up." Somehow I manage to keep the boys occupied for another hour and a half while running back and forth to the bathroom.

Once Dave got up I took a short snooze, then Dave took Luke to the t-ball game despite his fever, and I put Zach down for what turned out to be a four-hour nap. I was pretty much a basket case, and I don't know how I would have taken care of the boys on any other day.

That's not to say we didn't have some bright spots. Luke is amazing all of us with his reading ability, and for a little while today he was reading entire books to Zach. Can't wait until that happens on a regular basis.

Also Zach is cracking us up with his constant narration of everything that is going on. He's not much of a TV watcher, but this morning I pulled out the Baby Einstein water video, and he seemed to enjoy it...sort of. He spent most of the time sitting on the couch talking about watching it: "Zach... watch... water movie. Zach... and Mommy... watch... water movie. Watching.... water movie." and so on.

Later Dave had a baseball game on, and it turned to a commercial that showed a man hitting a golf ball out of the grass. Zach got excited: "Man... hit... egg!"

Off to bed now, and hoping for some healing time.

No comments: