Thursday, September 08, 2011

King Dave the Tolerant

I know I've used this space before to extol Dave's many virtues, but have I ever mentioned just how agreeable he is? Let me give you some real-life examples from the past few months:

Me: "I'd like to leave for San Diego early on Friday morning because I'm going to dance in a flash mob."
Dave: "Cool!"

Me: "I just bid in an auction and won a year's supply of endive."
Dave: "Great!"

Me: "I'm going to miss the baseball game on Sunday because I decided to enter KCRW's pie contest in the 'Pies inspired by Tim Burton' category"
Dave: "Awesome!"

Me: "I've just made a commitment to try to eat on only $4.72 per day for the next week as part of a hunger/food stamp awareness project."
Dave: "Wow!"

Me: "I bought some shares in an ostrich farm and we're going to be getting twice-monthly deliveries of ostrich meat."
Dave: "Amazing!"

OK, I totally made that last one up, but the point is, you believed it for just a moment, didn't you? And it sounded like something Dave would agree to, didn't it? Didn't it?

Anyway, reason #6,482 why I love Dave: He will support literally anything I want to do, one hundred percent. Here is a picture he took of me on the night we got home from glamping. We were all exhausted and filthy but we had just bought an entire flat of beautiful fresh-picked strawberries and I didn't want them to go to waste, so I stayed up late to make jam, and he was all for it. Of course if I had just decided to forget it, I think he would have been OK with that too.

No comments: