Thursday, May 02, 2013

Deep Inside the Phone Vault

I've got this nice, nice camera that I use to shoot pictures of food...standing still...on the dining room table. So the camera doesn't leave the house much, and the camera doesn't take that many pictures of fast-moving kids or cats. When we're out and about, and I'm inspired to take a picture, it's almost always with my lousy, barely functional phone camera. And then those photos linger in my phone library, almost never to be seen by human eyes except my own. It's a shame, really. So this week I decided to empty out a recent sampling from my phone. Yes, the picture quality is terrible. Please talk to my IT department about that.

(Actually, I'm thinking this is the start of a new Catskills routine: "These pictures are terrible! And there aren't enough of them!")

The boys feeding the chickens at our friend's house on Easter morning (yield: one egg):



Zach showing off one of the finds (I believe it is the innards of a slot machine) that he used to build a spectacular art/machine masterpiece at our local trash-to-art warehouse:



Zach in his "straw door" costume after the Three Piggy Opera:

A bunch of lazy sea lions lounging on the dock as we cruised the marina in Marina del Rey on a friend's boat:

Luke carving out his place at the beach (this is moments before we all got completely soaked by a rogue wave):


Luke, at his favorite restaurant, demonstrating his cherry-stem-tying skills (Who knew that he was a closet Twin Peaks fan?). He specifically requested that this one go on Beach Bucket.



Zach at the same restaurant about to eat a "messy sundae." (Yes, of course that is redundant.) To make this sundae they actually roll the glass around in chocolate sauce so it is coated all the way around the outside, before they put the actual ice cream and chocolate sauce and whipped cream inside the glass. No one gets out without a napkin. (Confidential to my mom: Yes, they give out napkins.)


Kaya the cat, having finally figured out how to get to her favorite spot in the house: Luke's top bunk bed. Once she's snuggled up in the bed, she is officially her happy place (and by extension, Luke's as well).

No comments: