Who's been entertaining, amazing, and inspiring us for a full decade now?
Why, Elinel, of course.
It is late and the Eagles are winning so I won't belabor this point too much except to say that Luke is The Man. His wry humor, his steely determination and his unflinching curiosity make him the most interesting 10-year-old I know. He is the only kid I've ever met who can recite every feature on the 2014 line of Range Rovers, or who can give you the whole IMDB rundown on every movie he sees.
He has more self-discipline than most kids twice his age; he does daily situps, pushups, and pullups; he heads out on long runs with Dave whenever possible; he chooses healthy foods and is opening his mind to new foods daily. Amazingly, he's become an incredible climber in the last three months and he is itching to try out his new skills on some real rocks on a future camping trip.
People say he looks like Dave and I can see it now: the almond eyes, the winning smile, and the lean physique. When I think of him, my heart practically pops out of my chest, cartoon-style, swelling with pride and admiration. Such a good, sweet kid.
Happy birthday, my 10-year-old boy. I love you.




No comments:
Post a Comment