Sunday, April 05, 2015

Foolish

I'm going to ask you to think about all of the members of our family, and try to decide who you think is most likely to go all-out for April Fool's Day. Think hard.

I know what you're thinking, and you're wrong. Think again.

Nope, still not right. Think again.

Luke, with a self portrait of his internal organs.
OK - I'm just going to give it away - It's Luke. Yep, good old serious and thoughtful Luke. He got me, and he got his friends, over and over again. Here's a brief summary of what went down on April Fool's Day:

7:30 a.m.- Luke wakes up in the morning and I give him a bowl of cereal with a drop of green food coloring at the bottom. I tell him to pour his own milk, and when he does, it comes out green. Gotcha! Laughs all around.

Sometime around 8:00 a.m. - Luke switches the keyboard on my phone so the "y" and the "z" are reversed. I don't notice this until mid-morning when I am trying to text someone about "Yach." It requires the assistance of two different people to fix this. 

8:10 a.m. to 2:35 p.m. - Luke repeatedly pranks his friends, including, but not limited to: Offering them part of a cricket bar for snack and telling them it is a power bar; switching out items in their pencil boxes; leaving fake phone numbers in their pencil boxes; telling them his peanut butter and jelly sandwich is actually onion jam; and last but not least - bringing a change of clothes to school and completely changing his outfit mid-day (he went from wearing all all-neon outfit to dark colors).

3:00 p.m. - Luke and his friend come home from school; I offer to make them French fries. They're actually apples cut in sticks, baked and sprinkled with cinnamon. I serve them with raspberry jelly and even though Luke catches on right away, his friend is still clueless even after eating two "fries" - he's more concerned when he realizes the red stuff is not actually ketchup.

3:30 p.m. - Luke puts tortilla chips under the toilet seat so they crunch when I sit down. Boooo.



6:00 p.m. - Dave comes home and we offer him a cold glass of "beer," which is actually apple gelatin.

April 4, 8:00 a.m. - Luke, frustrated that I STILL haven't noticed his final prank, calls attention to the fact that all of the pictures on the mantel in our bedroom are upside down. I always take off my glasses in the bedroom so I hadn't even noticed. Bahahahaha! You got me, but I also kinda got you, kiddo.


No comments: