Thursday, July 07, 2005

tired

Tired. Tired tired tired tired tired. So, just a few quick things about the trip:

Things that seem like they may be bad but really aren't:

Southwest Airlines: Sure, it's a cattle call. But they treated us (and other families with kids) like royalty. Priority boarding, priority seating, first-class attention from the flight crew, you name it. All good.

McDonald's: Sure, it's McDonald's. But the free toy they gave Luke (and accompanying brochure) was somehow more interesting to him on the plane than the 17 other toys and books I brought with us for the trip.

Traveling with an 18-month-old: Sure, he can be a screamin' demon when he doesn't want to get in the car seat. But who can resist his cheery enthusiasm when he says "WOW!" to every shuttle bus and fuel truck that he sees?

Things that are just always good:

Dave: Who else can be relentlessly optimistic about a 90-minute-long check-in line, while all the time cheerfully managing a baby and 150 pounds of luggage? I can't imagine a better partner.

Coming home: Mom, Dad, cozy house, great food. What more can I say?

No comments: