Oh, I want to blog about friends and attitudes about money and cool people and not-so-cool people, but who wants to hear about all of that? I know what you really want to hear about is how delicious California dates are. I grew up thinking that dates were something to be tolerated, perhaps tossed in a bread or a cake after being mashed beyond recognition. But that was because I had never had a *fresh* California date. I'm partial to Khadrawy dates, by the way - and there IS a difference. You could just eat them straight out of the package and they are soft and chewy, like a caramel pudding. Apparently Luke will grow up eating dates, because he's well on his way to glomming down at least three a day. In fact, he threw a near tantrum the other day because we wanted him to eat dinner (pizza, which he truly loves) before he had another date. Also, at bedtime we always run through a list of things we are thankful for, like the people who take care of us, and our home and our health. On the night of the tantrum, Luke wanted to add "dates" to the list. Hey, at least it's not Captain Crunch or something, right? (Oh wait, that's part of a nutritious breakfast.)
So we're gearing up for a big Eastover feast tomorrow - that's the holiday where Jesus died so that we could eat bitter herbs and gefilte fish and ask a bunch of questions, or something like that. We're going to hide eggs and matzoh for Luke to find, and we'll keep mentioning the Easter Bunny, just to ensure that he's thoroughly confused.
No comments:
Post a Comment