Saturday, May 13, 2006

Table for three



If you have a day that's filled with fun activities that you can check off in your mental scorecard of how you're doing, how does that compare with a day where there's nothing on the books but you still have a good time? Today we did nothing much of anything, but yesterday we did everything...Mother's Day tea at Luke's school, picnic at my office, then Shabbat at Eitan's house with Hatcher and assorted parents. Today - eh? We had big plans to go to the beach but when Luke seemed to be having just as much fun walking around with a hose, we just scaled back on our ambitions. Fine with me; I needed a day like this. Lots of other things to say, probably, but I just want to go to bed and see if I can make it through tomorrow (24 hours) without another load of laundry...

Luke's latest revelation: "I have blond hair!"
Latest skill aquisition: He can sing the alphabet now (but it's probably a good thing he learned "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" first)
Latest bizarre kid activity: Sneaking out of his room when he was supposed to be napping, taking our framed wedding invitation down from the shelf in our bedroom, and curling up with it to go to sleep. Huh?

No comments: