OK, do I need to explain how I somehow wound up with 15 pounds of wheat flour in my cupboard? No, I'll leave that one alone. But what's important is it led me to discover this recipe, from Betty Crocker, for whole wheat chocolate chip cookies that are so good I don't think I'll ever make the "regular" kind again:
Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
2 cups Gold Medal® whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
1. Heat oven to 375ºF.
2. Mix sugars, butter, vanilla and egg in large bowl. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (dough will be stiff). Stir in chocolate chips. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft). Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.
No comments:
Post a Comment