

Did someone mention that being home alone with an infant and a preschooler is hard, hard work? If you didn't mention it, why didn't you think to do so before yesterday?
We had a great morning with friends coming over to swim, and Zach conveniently slept through the entire thing, so I was able to hang with Luke and serve lemonade and fruit to the kids. But once they left, things deteriorated quickly. Zach kept crying inexplicably; Luke didn't want me to hold Zach, didn't want to take a nap, and didn't want to stop bapping me on the foot. By 3 pm I thought I was going to lose it so I packed the kids in the car and just drove around for 30 minutes (they both went right to sleep) until I could clear my head a little bit. It's TOUGH to entertain two kids who have such very different needs. I don't want to turn into TV mom, but just about the only thing that consistently makes both of them happy is to let Luke watch a movie while Zach and I walk and bounce around the room and into the backyard.
This sorta comes at a bad time, because Dave is planning to be gone for three nights in a row next week. Um. Can we just same some time and call for the Code Grey now?
But I should mention a few positive things...Zach rolled from his tummy to his back on Monday. He hasn't repeated it since then, but it's a start. Luke has been walking everywhere without asking to be carried - AND he's started peeing standing up (but we don't discuss potty issues in this forum so I will say no more). Dave is having great success in all manners of his work life. And hey - I have a massage on Saturday. It was a birthday present from last year that I had yet to cash in. Question: If I refuse to get up from the table, does that mean that they have to keep massaging me?
1 comment:
Started peeing standing up? Scary. Hope you have a mop.
kisses
joe
Post a Comment