Sunday, December 16, 2007

Just getting warmed up

It's our last day before heading into the frozen tundra that is the East Coast, and I'm cleaning out my picture files before we go. First up is a shot from the sand snowman contest we went to at the beach last weekend. No snow in sight, of course, so the kids who were building this snowman had to compensate with powdered sugar (and there were many, many hands reaching into and licking from that little container).



Last night we had a fantastic, beautiful Hanukkah with Dave's family and once again I'd love to provide pictures but I have none. Didn't remember to bring the camera. Again. I'm going to have to start taping it around my leg.

We opened intra-family presents this morning, and we continued playing with presents from last night, and let's face it - by the time we wrap up Luke's birthday, we'll have basically had one big present-opening extravaganza all the way through mid-January.

Anyway, the boys love every single present they received. I put just a sampling in here of them enjoying various presents just to show... Luke using his new grinder, preparing to snap photos with his new camera; and Zach studying the new drum shaker.

We're running around trying to get packed up tonight but we took a few moments for what was literally our grand finale in town: the Christmas fireworks. We walked down to the beach and stood, slack-jawed, as some of the most enormous, noisy, colorful fireworks we've ever seen just popped before our eyes. We had worried that Zach might be scared, but he just flapped his arms in approval. I missed it last year due to a case of needing to be in bed, but never again.

East Coast, we're ready for you now!

No comments: