
OK, I haven't been blogging. Must be because, as I told Dave the other day, my life is completely skewed by sleep or lack thereof. If Zach is up between 4:45 and 5:45, chances are I'll need a break in the middle of the day to catch up on sleep. If Zach is crazy and won't take a nap, chances are I'll miss the sunshine-y part of the afternoon when he finally crashes. The other day (a beautiful day, I might add) I didn't even make it outside until dinnertime. Poor me.
So of course I haven't wanted to blog or talk on the phone or email much. But I do have one little addition to my life that makes it possible to stay in touch with people at all hours of the day - Facebook. Sure, most of it is a little goofy and geared toward the younger set. But at the moment I am involved in three different Scrabble games on Facebook with three friends (Kerry, Liz, and Christine) from three places in my life (college, D.C., work in CA). Now my poor brain doesn't really have to think or write, it just has to stumble through a Scrabble move every now and then. Kerry, who might seem like the least reliable with four kids (!) to manage, makes a move just about every three hours. So I'm sorry to anyone I've missed (including Dave) but just about the only reliable thing I have to give right now is a few Scrabble moves at random times of the day.
We think that Zach is having a hard time sleeping because he is so excited about his newfound mobility. Put him down on the floor, and he's off and running, or I guess I should say crawling. Alternatively, if there's something to hang on to, he's up and ready to cruise around on two feet. He loves opening and closing cabinet doors - well, any doors, for that matter - and he has started to enjoy reading books on my lap. Come to think of it, there's a chance he only likes books for the opening and closing aspect. Don't know what that's all about. As soon as he calms down and starts getting a little more sleep, I'm sure I'll have much more to say.
1 comment:
hey, you know what? totally off topic... that is a really good picture of you...
Post a Comment