Yesterday and today are sort of banner days for me; I've been teaching Zach to go to sleep on his own. As in, put him in the crib while he is still awake - no nursing, no bottle, no rocking, no "transfer" to worry about. And he's getting it without too much struggle. Mostly this is meaningless to anyone but me and possibly Dave, but I waited too long to try to do this with Luke and it was a nightmare, so I want to record for posterity that yes, I helped Zach learn this skill when he was "only" 10 1/2 months. Tonight I put him in the crib and I thought he must have been goofing around because he didn't even make a whimper. Turns out he was actually staring into space getting ready to do an almost instantaneous self-soothe straight into sleep. Yay Zach, and yay mom.
Today I have no voice at all - I am completely hoarse - which makes it more difficult than usual to answer Luke's endless parade of questions. Seriously, where do I even begin:
Luke: "Why does a snail have a shell?"
Me: "Well, his body is mushy, so he needs a shell to protect himself."
Luke: "Does a slug have a shell?"
Me: "No."
Luke: "So how does a slug protect himself?"
uhhh...Dave?
Luke: "Why don't fish have hair?"
ummmm...
Luke: "Do racecars have hazard lights?"
hmmm...
Luke: "How do you shoot the cannon on top of an army tank? Do you push a button?"
uhhh....
Luke: "What is zero?"
Oy.
No comments:
Post a Comment