
We did it! We got through the first day of the rest of our 16 years in the public school system. Not a bad start, all in all... No one shed any tears, except maybe a few by Luke at the end of the day when I told him that we weren't going to have a second playdate in a row with his new buddy Shane (his mom and I decided they both needed to chill out a little bit this afternoon after all the excitement). Nevertheless, the teacher seems good, the class seems good, and it's hard to tell much of anything from the first day, but I think he's going to be just fine. The best part of his new class, from my perspective, is that there are only 17 kids in his class. For most kindergartens, and certainly for California, that's about as small a class as you can possibly get. And that's a good thing.

Zach had his first day in his new 2-year-old class and that seemed to go pretty well too. Dave dropped him off and picked him up, which was a special bonus, because Zach never seems to cry when Dave is involved, so it was essentially a tear-free drop-off and pick-up today. Of course, then when Dave left the house to get back to work, Zach nearly fell apart, but then I guess we had to assume there'd be some collateral damage.

All in all, I guess there's not that much to say. I thought I'd be more emotional about it - and I'm sure I have some undercurrents of anxiety on Luke's behalf; otherwise why would I have woken up at 5:30 this morning? - but other than that I'd just say it was pretty.... uneventful. What a boring story this is turning out to be. Sorry, everyone. Just look at the pretty pictures and then move along, move along...
No comments:
Post a Comment