
If I mention that I feel completely spent, imagine how Dave must feel, after running more miles than I drove today (which is a lot).

But he did it, and even though it wasn't pretty, who cares? He put his mind to a goal, became incredibly self-disciplined toward reaching that goal, and crossed through the finish line in a blaze of glory.

I'd love to say more about how emotional it was to see him at the end of the race, about how the marathon is a good metaphor for many of the things he's got going on in his life right now, or about how my heart was so completely bursting with pride that it did this cartoon-like pounding outside of my chest as I walked alongside him after the race. But I won't. For now, I'm happy to just offer some pictures, and to say how proud I am of the hardest-working guy I know.

You rock, Marathon Man.
No comments:
Post a Comment