Thursday, March 04, 2010

Face time

Has anything happened since we last talked? Well, yes and no. I'm completely wrapped up in work for a new project, so I haven't been budgeting much time for Beach Bucket. Also, I was more than a little conflicted about whether or how to recognize March 2, the third anniversary of my Worst Day Ever (the day I was admitted to the hospital). I sort of want it to be forgotten, but each year I seem to feel this big March 2 pressure hanging over me. It was weighing heavily on my mind on Tuesday, so I actually mentioned it to Luke, and although he remembers me being in the hospital, he really has no recollection of that particular day or any other specifics. Which is almost certainly for the best.

So I just kind of spent the day doing lots of hugging, wistful sighs, and teary-eyed glances at everyone (in other words, pretty much a typical day for me). That night Zach woke up at 4:30 am, which is extremely unusual for him, and I was trying to get him to go back to sleep quietly without waking Luke up, but he kept cracking himself up about something funny that had happened earlier in the day. So it was impossible to be "mad" at him about waking up; and in fact my half-asleep mind was confused about how to feel: I want to go back to sleep, but I just love listening to this guy.

Thanks to Bill-o for the pictures. Hard to believe, but they're even cuter in person...

No comments: