(Side note: A wise rabbi I know recently told me, "It's minor surgery if it's happening to someone else. It's major surgery if it's happening to you." I'd only edit that to add, "...or your kid.")
When I finally settled down to do some work on Friday, I learned that my parenting assignment for the week was on "Moms and Internet Addiction." I found myself typing the words, "While your kids eat lunch, you’re checking your email. You let them watch TV so that you can update your blog. When everyone else goes to bed, you’re checking your Twitter account to see if you have any new followers. "
Oh, snap. Did I just write those sentences directed at others? And did I just go on and on about the importance of enjoying experiences, and living real life?
Well, in that case, I'm going to need to sign off. But I'll make things more interesting by putting up a pic of our last night with the Florida clan - a long dinner table, lots of food, and a happy, happy group. For real.Zach side note: He was going on and on with some story about a speeder and a cat and an engine, and who knows what. My eyes must have glazed over because he suddenly stopped and said, "Mom. Have you heard a word I just said?"
Luke side note: His July 4th drink sale grossed $65, and he pocketed $45 after he reimbursed me $20 for the supplies. At camp this week the kids were singing, "Down by the banks of the hanky-panky, where the bullfrogs jump from bank to bank-y..." and Luke later asked me, "When they say 'Down by the banks' do they mean a bank like Wells Fargo?"
No comments:
Post a Comment