![]() |
| Portrait of the artist as a serious young man |
The story is that while we were leaving the playground Zach was filled with righteous indignation on Luke's behalf. His first suggestion for how to "get back" at the boys was this: "I think you should go to their house, knock on the door, and then say a bad word."
By the time we got home, Zach was running around trying to figure out what kind of food he could make for Luke. Also he had refined his idea of what would be the ultimate punishment: "I think you should go to their birthday, and then give them a present for a girl. Then they would open the present and say, 'Oh. It's a girl present.'"
![]() |
| The layer of chocolate ice cream that came before the dirt |
While they were in the shower, I sat in the bathroom for a little while listening to their conversation and splashing. Then I went off to the kitchen and finished cleaning the dishes, while continuing to hear happy sounds. Then I checked my email, while continuing to hear happy sounds. Then I went back in the bathroom, where the happy sounds continued. And then Luke nonchalantly mentioned, "Oh, by the way, Mom, I washed and conditioned Zach's hair."
What?!? Really?!?!
This morning when he woke up, Zach announced that he wanted to take a shower with Luke again. We could be on to something here.


No comments:
Post a Comment