Luke the Drummer has been studying drumming videos online, carefully memorizing each drummer and their technique. Now he knows to ask for them by name, as evidenced by our visit to the preschool yesterday: The teacher hauled out a big box of drums and Luke jumped up and shouted, "Buddy Rich! Buddy Rich!" It was entirely lost on the teacher, but Dave and I stood in the background, crumpled up from laughing so hard.
Dave told the story much better elsewhere, but I guess I'm more distracted by the larger point of the story - that he's going to be going to daycare/preschool soon, and a lot of his funny eccentricities will probably be lost on the teacher and others. I guess I can't even talk about it right now. Everyone has heard me go on and on about the pros and cons. I guess I just want to have more time to have him sit in my lap while I can kiss his head and think about what is best for him and us. *Sigh* At-work posts never end well.
No comments:
Post a Comment