Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Cream of the crop


Ahhh...I hate to write over "Magic and Dirt," one of my favorite recent posts, but I have to soldier on for posterity. This morning we had the Most Fun Ever at a local farm picking blackberries, eggplant, tomatoes, green peppers, and basil. Luke, it turns out, is really quite good at picking blackberries and was delighting in showing me how many more blackberries he had picked than me. Zach liked the idea of picking blackberries, but he soon realized that picking up mud and throwing it was much more fun. I would love to have a picture of us at the farm but I didn't bring the camera and it was one of those times when it was far better to enjoy the moment than to be snapping pictures. Instead here's one of Luke and Zach playing with the car seat box, which is by far the favorite toy in the house at the moment.

Zach has made quite a few strides in the past few days. For instance, he didn't use to drink with a straw and now he only wants to drink with a straw (like Luke). Also, I never gave him corn on the cob before and suddenly it's one of his favorite foods. I think he likes gnawing on the cob just as much as eating the actual corn. Oh, and it helps that it is the Best Corn Ever from the farm stand down the street. Mom has promised to keep going back there every day to make sure our nightly corn is as fresh as possible.

I'm not going to stay on the computer long; there's a big thunderstorm swirling around tonight. We had some scary lightning on the way home from the library. "Batten down the hatches!" yelled Luke, as we ran into the house. It's all part of good summer fun.

No comments: