Monday, April 19, 2010

The Ick

I want to get the credit for having been the first to say it this morning, "I'm not feeling so well." So the boys and I kind of lumped around for the morning, with me trying to lead as many stationary activities as possible. Then we took Luke to kindergarten, and less than two hours later I got the phone call: "Luke threw up in his class. Please come pick him up." So of course I called Dave to tell him about the misery that was piling on my day, and he came home, ostensibly to "help" (sorry, Dave) but wound up crashed out in bed with his own sickness for about two hours of the afternoon.

The weird thing (fingers crossed) is that Dave, Luke, and I are all down and out but Zach appears to be just fine for the moment. I don't know whether it's something only the three of us ate, or whether it's some virus that passed Zach by. But before I get tempted to go into any more details about our respective illnesses, here's what Zach did yesterday after his racing triumph: Dave took him down to Long Beach for the Grand Prix and wound up getting a $125 grandstand ticket at the finish line for only $25. Then they got a personal escort to their seats via golf cart (and a personalized ear plug fitting) by some race official. (This is the kind of accidental VIP thing that happens to Dave all the time, by the way.)

Then on the way home the two of them stopped off at a local carnival and Zach threw some darts at a pop-a-balloon game (with some assistance), winning a new dog he calls "Poppy." To finish off the day, he ran a few laps around the track, with Poppy in his arms of course. Keep on truckin', Zach.

No comments: