"I am sick," Luke announces.
Zach: "No, I am sick!"
Luke: "No, you are not sick. I am sick."
Zach: "No. I am sick and you are three."
Hahaha. We've had some recurring theme on that conversation going on all week. Dave even had to explain to Zach's teachers that when they sang "Happy Birthday" to him on Thursday, not to be alarmed if Zach told them he was "sick."
Speaking of funny stuff the kids said, I had been mentally collecting all sorts of "Kids Say the Darnedest Things" type quotes to use in some future blog. Then Luke's friend Hiyasmin did one better than any of the boys today. She came rushing up to the front door of kindergarten this morning, breathless with excitement. "My dog got pregnant today!" she announced. Now imagine all of the parents exchanging concerned looks. Turns out she meant that her dog had puppies today. Ohhhh. So, anyway, never mind about the other funny stuff my kids said.
Zach is three today, and it's like he's always been three. He's full of interesting observations, thoughtful questions, and yummy-gummy sweet goodness. He has a refreshing blend of maturity and sweet innocence; he insists that all he wants for his birthday is a black balloon. I just love three. In fact, sometimes I'd like a little more "three" in the house and a little less "six." But we'll get to six soon enough. For now, we're just happy to have a weekend-long celebration of this little blond angel who happens to live in our house.
I love you, my three-year-old boy.
1 comment:
Of course that wasn't all I was going to say about Zach. If you're interested, I posted more on his blog.
Post a Comment