OK - So I don't want to judge people, and I don't want people to judge me, and yet...I do it all the time. More so now since I have a kid, and there are so many more ways to feel superior or inferior, depending on the context. So I'm sure it's coming back to me somehow.
That means I can nit-pick about a way a particular party is thrown, or about a particular way people are choosing (or not) to teach manners to their kids, yet there I am on the flip side feeling really embarrassed about still nursing, and moderately embarrassed about having a kid who is clinging to me in fear while all other kids are romping around and having the time of their lives.
More specifically, one thing that really freaks Luke out is loud noisy gatherings with tons of kids running around. He's the opposite of the kid who's running up to grab the puppets or swat the bubbles - he's the one who's begging to be picked up and cowering in my arms. Why, why, why? Is it something that I did? And are other moms looking at me like, "She really coddles him way too much"? Tonight at the birthday party he ultimately settled in a little bit, but then he was on a meltdown hair-trigger, like when his piece of cake fell on the floor - total catastrophe.
And yet there we all were on the way home, yapping our gums about the lack of food, or the musical selection, or so-and-so's decision to do such-and-such and what a lame idea that was. And then we're home, and it's quiet, and we're all much happier. So Luke is possibly picking up on this introverted thing. Does that mean he's going to start being Judgy Judgerson too?
No comments:
Post a Comment