Sunday, October 23, 2005

the alien did it

Messed up my day, that is. At about 1:30 last night Dave and I were awakened by the sound of rustling and banging outside the house, then a bizarre "Awhoeet Awhoeet" sound. Dave says it was probably possums (possi?) or raccoons. I know it was aliens. Regardless, I was unable to get back to sleep until after 5...and the lack of sleep threw me off for the entire day. (Note to self - remember that having another baby is just like that, only every single day)...

The other thing, which maybe I shouldn't mention now that people might actually be reading this, was that Luke set a record of sorts yesterday and only nursed once(!). That was a big step for me but I should have planned a little better, because I wound up rolling around all night in extreme physical discomfort - no additional details necessary.

Anyway, Dave let me "sleep" in a little, which was nice. Then we trucked off to our truck-stop breakfast at Rocky Cola Cafe and I was still cranky enough to snap at Dave when he was trying to pick out which sections of the paper to bring inside. "Just bring the whole paper!!"

So Dave gave me another break by taking Luke to the park, then did the grocery shopping while Luke took his nap. I did some chores in a woozy-headed fashion, then attempted to nap for a while.

Later on, Suzi and Bill and Grandma and Grandpa came over, and Luke was truly excited to see them. I think he's not quite sure of what to make of his new Wiggles guitar, and he seemed genuinely freaked out when it actually wiggled. But it dovetails nicely with his current obsession. And I'm seriously considering Jeremy's suggestion of getting him a little ukelele. Now *that* would be the perfect accompaniment to a Hawaiian Halloween costume!

Nothing else to say right now. All-day meeting tomorrow. Blech.

Oh, and my new favorite thing from when we get home from the Cuban restaurant: Garlic-smelling baby. Mmmmmmmmmm.

No comments: