Thursday, October 13, 2005

secret relief

Dave called today to say that he and Silvia had talked; she is having a bad time with Stephanie and it doesn't sound like she wants to continue. Her "ideal" would be to work for just one family, preferably with a young baby so she can start fresh. Now I don't think she was necessarily giving us notice right away, but I have to say that if that's what she meant, I felt a huge flash of something...relief? when I heard this. Next stop for Luke = preschool. No more nannies. I think I summed it up pretty well for Dave tonight when I told him I think it will be much better for me, worse for Luke. I shudder to think how hard it would be on the first day or week or even month. But it'll be nice to be able to spend the day not 'wondering' where he is or who's in our house. And getting tax credits for the $ we spend. And not spending as much $. And using up all of my sick days every time he has a hangnail...Oh wait, that's in the negative column. Anyway, it'll be a change and it looks like it may happen sooner rather than later.

No pumpkin patch tonight...Luke kept saying "NO" every time I brought it up and he still won't even go near the bee costume. We're gonna try our luck again tomorrow. Maybe the lobster costume will have arrived by then. (Kidding! Don't stress!)

No comments: