My efforts to get Luke excited about Halloween have backfired dramatically. Now - not only will he get nowhere near his bee costume, he won't even put on his new yellow sweatshirt because it apparently looks too much like the bee. I came in to pick him up from his nap yesterday and I put on the top of the lobster costume so he could see it, and his response was a rather dramatic "Off! Off! Off!" Looks like that one might be non-starter as well.
...in contrast to the new sneakers he got from Sam. They're about a finger-width too big, but when I told them they were from Sam he was very curious, and now he insists on wearing the "Sam" shoes.
I was so mad today about nanny issues I literally gave myself a headache. Dave was talking to her about having her friends over at our house and she admitted that one or another of her guests had not been great about cleanup so "maybe" she shouldn't invite that person over again. Hello?!?!?! Did we ever say it was OK to invite friends over whom we didn't know? And how did it suddenly get to be OK to invite someone over to a house that is not yours, let them get away with leaving a mess, and then consider that maybe it's OK to keep inviting them over? Dave doesn't seem to be as mad as I am, but then again, he's not the one who gets home from work and has to do cleanup. I can't even think about it again without getting mad. In large part I'm mad at myself for being such a bad communicator/manager. So essentially I fired off some mad e-mails to Dave and Brandi and then gave myself a self-imposed time out. I'll have to say something tonight.
Then class. Then ladies' night out. Then (finally) some rest for the weary.
No comments:
Post a Comment