Friday, October 07, 2005

wigged out

Just wanted to add more about Luke's amazing memory (before I forget):

1) We went to my office two weeks ago and someone gave him a donut. Today we parked at my office to walk to the aquarium and he took one look at the building and said insistently "Nonut! Nonut! Nonut!"

2) We were at the aquarium two weeks ago and stopped to nurse in the downstairs ladies' room. Today when we were within about 50 yards of the door to that ladies' room, he pointed to it insistently and said "Mop! Mop! Mop!" (milk).

3) We watched some wallabies for a few minutes before we left but they didn't seem to make much of an impression on Luke (or so I thought). This evening when I asked him if he remembered the wallabies, he said "Rate! Rate!" (rake) - The groundskeeper was raking in the little area where the wallabies were and he was clearly more focused on that.

Also, re: the Wiggles - we are officially sucked in. Some would say watching the Wiggles incessantly would beat watching Raffi every day; I'm not so sure myself. You know you have watched it a few too many times when you find yourself thinking that while the early Raffi was a bit of the goofball, the latter-day Raffi is actually kind of hot (in a children's singer kind of way).

Did I say that?

No comments: