OK - Starting off here by being completely thrown off course. Luke fell asleep before 11, guaranteeing that we will miss our class, throwing off his schedule, and who knows what we will do with this afternoon. I know Silvia has been trying to keep him up, but he was such a crank this morning I figured he must be needing to sleep for a reason. Now I, creature of habit, am totally thrown off as well. What do I do with my morning, knowing that I won't have a "free" afternoon?
Musings on being kid-centric...I *thought* we were more or less like everyone else, but let's see...Haven't left Luke alone while we go off on vacation without him...Haven't hired a nanny to keep him in another room while we hold a big party...Haven't invited all of our friends to a party at a bar, to which the kids aren't invited (I mean, that's why we're friends in the first place, because of the kids, right?). So while others might have spent time on the phone with travel agents, caterers, nannies, and party planners, I've been sitting on the living room floor, gluing letters to construction paper for the kiddie Halloween party. Am I just a schmuck? Dave says, "Just be yourself." So there you have it.
1 comment:
Finally a comment...
Kid-centric, I hear ya... just wanted to give you my blog...
http://ticklecookbreathe.blogspot.com/
so you aren't the only one out there communicating with the world.
smooches from sam & the rest of us
me
Post a Comment