Monday, October 03, 2005

urrrrrgggh

A full recounting of the day's evils:
1) Luke wakes up, throws up all over his crib
2) Luke throws up again, all over the living room rug
3) Tearful parting in the morning
4) Sit for an hour in traffic, late for morning meeting
5) Log on to computer, only to find countless new requests and chores to do
6) Frustrating phone call with Dave where he reveals he can't find his car keys
7) Lunchtime phone call from Dave; Luke CHIPPED HIS TOOTH AND IS COVERED IN BLOOD and Dave is on his way home.
(does it get worse? yes. it continues.)
9) Realization that I have mistakenly taken Dave's keys to work with me (after he calls all around town, including to the MB fair officials from yesterday)
10) Arrive at home, to bruised and bloodied boy, only to nurse and have him throw up AGAIN, this time all over our bed.

What else do we have to look forward to? I am just feeling so down - especially that I was not here for him today or when he was having his tooth shaved down. I am praying for a good night of sleep and some serious overnight healing....

Note to Joe re: veal meatloaf. Remember that meatloaf you made that one time that was actually spoiled and made you sick but you liked it so much you wanted to keep eating it? That's how I feel about the tub of garlic sauce in my fridge. It gives me a stomach ache every time (I think because I always eat so much in one sitting) yet I keep coming back for more...

No comments: